Version 1.0 of the Magento software was launched on March 21, 2008 by the company Varien on the basis of the Zend Framework.
This company had been working on the development of Magento since 2007. With a decade of experience in creating merchant sites, the idea of a free and modular platform seemed interesting to its developers. The year of its launch, the Magento project won the trophy for the new best Open Source project by SourceForge. The economic model of the Magento e-commerce solution is clarified in 2009 with the release of the version: Enterprise Edition by Varien, which offers many additional functions and features, customer service and a guarantee of operation, against a monthly subscription. A “Professional” version appears in 2010, cheaper than the EE version but more complete than the free version, in the wake of this additional Magento solution, the company Varien is renamed Magento Inc. Finally, Ebay, already owner of 49% of Magento Inc announces the acquisition of the remaining 51% on June 7, 2011. In May 2018, Adobe announced the acquisition of Magento for $1.68 billion.
Thanks to the API library made available, My Solution Connect via Open Flux connects Magento stores with ERP on the market (EBP, Cegid, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Divalto…).
The interest of integrating a connector to Magento towards commercial management is strong, indeed, the Magento gateway that we offer is able to perform a large number of actions. Here’s what you can do once it’s installed and set up:
- Automatic product creation in Magento from sales management
- Descent of Magento customer accounts to commercial management and update
- Descent of Magento sales orders to sales management
- Feedback from commercial management to Magento of stocks and sales order status
- Possible interfacing with a logistician, a marketplace, a price comparator…
- Transport label editor or connection to carrier software (Chronopost, Colissimo, TNT …)
To secure the data from your Magento e-commerce site, it is preferable to have the latest version of Magento; make a copy of the content and database of its site on an external medium; install an SSL certificate that helps protect customer data; use a complex password; favor plugins and themes approved by Magento developers to avoid the risk that they contain malware.
The Open Flux universal connector facilitates communication between CMS on the market such as Magento, Prestashop, Shopify, WooCommerce and management software such as Sage, EBP, Cegid, Microsoft Dynamics, Divalto.
The Open Flux universal connector is easy to configure. In its Cloud version, Open Flux does not require any deployment. It is made available to end customers and/or partners via authenticated access by login/password allowing them to view, execute, configure the various file flows. In its initial configuration, Open Flux allows the sending of the item catalog from Cegid, EBP, Sage, Microsoft or Divalto to Magento; recovery of customers who have placed orders on the Prestashop site; retrieving orders recorded on the Magento site; sending Magento an acknowledgment of receipt of orders correctly integrated into Cegid, EBP, Sage, Microsoft or Divalto. In addition to this initial configuration of the Cegid, EBP, Sage, Microsoft or Divalto <-> Magento connector, other flows can be created with Open Flux on demand.
The Open Flux universal connector ensures reliable, automatic information flow between the Magento CMS and ERP systems, even those with specific requirements.
Configuring carriers in Magento for parcel delivery is done via a plug-in.
The connection between Magento, commercial management software, and carrier software such as Chronopost, Colissimo, TNT facilitates logistics and shipping of orders.